Recipe: Coconut, Date & Pumpkin Spice Latte
As you may have already guessed – I like cheese. I also happen to like many other things. Things that happen to include both coffee and pumpkin.
Lots of people have been asking me to share the recipes of the food that I make, so I decided to put together this brilliant October treat that anyone can make at home with next to no trouble at all. A glorious coconut, date & pumpkin spice latte – perfect for injecting some spicy-sweet warmth into your coffee…. err…. I mean life…
(And it works perfectly for vegans as well!)
Coconut, Pumpkin & Date Spiced Latte
Makes 5 to 8 portions
- 250g pumpkin puree or roasted butternut pumpkin (to roast the pumpkin, first peel it and then dice it into finger sized pieces. Bake in a 220C oven until soft, then cool. Remember to weigh it after it has roasted, as the mass will reduce as it cooks.)
- 200g pitted dates (not dried)
- 200g coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Pinch of ground cloves
Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend into a smooth paste. If you have difficulty blending the mix, add more coconut milk. Just remember it should be a thick paste. If you made a milkshake, drink it and start over.
This mix can be used right away but is best when left one night covered in the refrigerator. You can also just eat it straight up… I dare you to resist…
Makes 2 cups
- 2 Tablespoons of the pumpkin mix (Or more if you like – This ratio preserves the coffee flavour. Feel free to drown it out if you want… You animal)
- 250ml of freshly brewed, dark roast filter coffee – brewed strong!
- 250ml of milk (or almond milk if you want to go vegan!)
Heat the milk in a pan until it begins to steam, stirring so that it does not burn to the bottom – Do not boil!
Add the pumpkin mix and the coffee to the hot milk.
Whisk to combine everything into a smooth and frothy consistency.
Pour into the biggest latte cup you can find, and enjoy!
The Finished Product!
That’s it! I am looking forward to sharing more recipes with everyone in the future, but in the meantime – Happy Halloween!